Thursday, February 19, 2009

Useless worship and traditions

This mornings' quiet time was spent reading and meditating in Isaiah 1. The Lord has told Isaiah that He has no delight in their sacrifices and methods of worship because they are not sincere, in fact He is tired of them altogether (Isaiah 1:11-15). This is really convicting, am I doing the same thing today? Am I trying to bring something to God - to say look God , look what I have done for you, see what sacrifices I have made? I have even begun traditions to justify myself before you? Boy does this sound like modern day American Christianity?
Pride. I have become prideful, we have become prideful (Isaiah 1:16-17). The cure for pride is humility, I must humble myself, and turn back to the Lord. The Lord is merciful and full of grace, He knows us and loves us beyond our comprehension (Isaiah 1:18-20). He comes to us, to reason together with Him! How awesome is that! He reaches out to us and offers forgiveness and grace - but there is a choice and there are consequences.....

1 comment: