Friday, February 20, 2009

Psalm 23

This is my personal favorite of all the Psalms, it is the perfect picture of who I am in Jesus. David, as a shepherd, understands this relationship very well.
I am like a sheep in far too many ways. I need a shepherd, a good shepherd who knows what He is doing and who cares about me. This shepherd knows me personally and still loves me and cares for me. He provides for my needs, I am not lacking for anything.
He knows that I need rest, and He takes me to the quiet place where all is well.......

1 comment:

  1. The older I get the more Ps. 23 means to me. It is amazing to see that my feeling and thoughts are not original, but they have been felt by many before me and God understands and has an answer waiting for me in his word. I only have to open the book and find peace for my troubled soul.

    ReplyDelete