Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Here am I! Send me!

Isaiah 6:1-13. Isaiah was called into Heaven to be made a prophet of God, and he shares a brief glimpse of what he sees, verses 1-4. Immediately he realizes his sinfulness and brokenness in the presence of a Holy God. He is utterly broken before the LORD, the fear of he LORD is upon him. Through the seraphim, the LORD purges him of his sins. He can now be used by God, he is ready to be poured out for the Kingdom. He hears the LORD ask - "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" I can almost picture Isaiah jumping up and down like a young school boy who knows the answer to a question the teacher has just asked! He says "Here am I! Send me!" LORD, I want to go for you! As you read the rest of this passage, you see the message and task are not particularly pleasant. It matters not to Isaiah. He now understands his true position and purpose - nothing else matters but to do the will of the LORD.
LORD, draw us to this place where we realize our sinfulness, where we repent and draw close to You, were we can be used to build and glorify You and Your Kingdom. Create in us a zeal to know you and serve You! May your will be done in each of our lives.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment