Monday, March 9, 2009

Back on track

Wow, what a busy time we are in. Mary and I have a contract on our house and are preparing to get out of this house and into the next one. We have really been blessed with selling this home so quick! God is good all the time! I had a good week in Knoxville TN at University of TN Knoxville where I was introduced to Lean Maintenance Repair and Overhaul, great training - just not real relevant to my current job? After that I had a chance to spend some time in Clarksville with my daughter Beth and grandson Aven - which is always a blessing! That boy is growing and learning so fast, I can't wait to have him down here for a week this spring!
I have been meaning to catch up the blog for two weeks too. so here we go!
Quite time this morning was spent in Luke 11. One of the highlights in this chapter, and there are many - is in Luke11:14-23, "a house divided cannot stand". How divided we are, especially in our faith! We are divided everywhere; at work, at home, in church - no wonder the evil one is tearing us apart - we buy the lie and divide ourselves. Somehow we think there is strength in this division? Jesus talks about the relationship with His Father and the Spirit as one, Paul teaches the new believers in the early church that we are many members of one body. Our doctrine is that of unity and our lives are that of division. How do we bring ourselves and our lives back to unity?
Psalm 8:1-9, O LORD, Our Lord, How excellent is your name in all the earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment