Sunday, August 22, 2010

Time to get back to this blog, it's been way too long and I feel the Spirit leading me in this direction again. I will be blogging from a new location as Mary and I have completed our move to PA! I have been at work for three weeks now and starting to see a routine setting in. We have attended a church in Chambersburg that seems to be promising - at least on the surface. This morning I went to an adult Sunday school there - 45 people in this classroom!? It was a huge social event and out of a 1 hour time frame alloted - they only discussed the Bible for 15 minutes :( very sad. Many of then came to me after the class and asked if I enjoyed the class and hoped that I would come back - come back to what? It is so diasppointing to see people who call Jesus their Lord and yet have no reverence or respect for Him especially on this the Sabbath Day.... My work environment has changed drastically too, at Rucker I worked mostly with people who were at least "Social Christians", here it is a completely indifferent group of people I work with - they have no respect for the Lord or His people and theur language and attitude show it daily. I have been in Matthew for my morning quiet time and this has spoken volumes to me lately: Matthew 10: 16-18. Read it and see if you see what I see....

3 comments:

  1. Dave! Glad to hear that ya'll are settling in there in PA. I hope that you are able to find a church that's focused on Christ - social hour is part of fellowship but certainly not the most important part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dave, we'll be praying for y'all to find a solid church over there and that you can be a witness to your coworkers. Catlin and I are going through the same issues right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, be Jesus TO them. Remember, we are often the only Jesus that other people ever see!

    ReplyDelete