Friday, August 21, 2009

Psalm 119:129-136

I have been camping out in this Psalm for a few days now. At first glance this is a very long Psalm and I tend to want to go thru it quickly, huge mistake. This Psalm deserves time to soak it into my spirit, it's like walking into something that is so profound that as I walk into and around it - it takes my breath away and removes any possibility that I may talk and ruin it? The absolute truth and beauty of this Psalm just holds me in it's grip and draws me in. Take some time and read it, slowly, thoughtfully, and let your spirit be refreshed.
As I sit here typing this morning there is a man in my driveway changing out my truck windshield. For the second time in 5 months! Last week as I was driving to work on Thursday morning on 134 east toward the Hanchey Gate, a man on a Harley Sportster was coming toward me in the other lane at a really high rate of speed. About 20 yards in front of me something came off his bike, bounced high off the road, came down on the hood of my car and slammed into my side of the windshield. It sounded like a gun went off in the truck! The dude on the bike never slowed down and there was no way to catch him going that fast. So - $710 later I am having my windshield replaced, again. Part of that $710 is for the two gouges in the hood of the truck where the object initially hit. I'm thinking about getting a metal mesh screen for the windshield, maybe go for a "Mad Max" look with the truck?
My prayer for today and every day is that God's Will be done in each of our lives, I know there are things we want and need - but there is absolutely nothing that we need more than His Will done in our lives today. I pray that we would be attentive to the Holy Spirit as He leads us and guides us into the Truth- and that we would be willing to follow, especially when it gets uncomfortable.
John 14:1-6

Barukh attah Adonai eloheinu melekh ha-olam, she'asani kirtzono
Blessed art thou, LORD our God, King of the universe, Who made me according to His Will

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment